The Advanced Yoga Teachers Training Course (ATTC) allows graduates from the Sivananda Yoga Teachers Training Course (TTC) to deepen their spiritual practice and study of Hatha yoga, Vedanta philosophy, Raja yoga, Anatomy, and Sanskrit. Advanced Yoga Teachers Training couse is another opportunity to practice under guidance in a supportive atmosphere with long-time (up to 30 years) yoga practitioners and teachers. Advanced yoga teachers training course gives you a boost of energy and clarity. The program is similar to the 200 hour yoga teachers training cousre and should not be perceived as a course only for experts.
- The twelve basic postures in depth
- Practice of classical advanced variations
- Precise corrections
- Deeper understanding of Hatha Yoga
- Extended practice of Anuloma Viloma
- Advanced pranayamas
- Proper use of the Bandhas
- The philosophical schools of India
- Analogies of the supreme reality
- Study of Vedantic meditation techniques
- Explanation of Vedantic mantras
- In-depth study of the Yoga Sutras from Patanjali
- The mind, its mystery and control
- Detailed study of the eight steps of Raja Yoga
- The nine types of Bhakti
- The five attitudes of devotion
- Learning the Sanskrit alphabet
- Correct pronunciation and spelling of the mantras and hymns
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
- Study of the nervous system, brain, endocrine glands and how they relate to the practice of asanas, pranayama and meditation
KIRTAN (MANTRA CHANTING)
- Positive effects on the emotions
- Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- Learning of classical Sanskrit songs
- Subtle aspects of the vegetarian diet
- Proper nutrition according to the three-Dosha theory of Ayurveda
4:30 a.m............Wake up
5:00 a.m........... Advanced Pranayama class
6:00 a.m...........Satsang (meditation, chanting and lecture) or silent walk
7:45 a.m........... Asana class - 1 Hour
9:00 a.m............Anatomy and physiology lecture
10:00 a.m..........Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 a.m..........Karma Yoga
12 noon.............Raja yoga or Sanskrit lecture
2:00 p.m............Main lecture (Vedanta, bhakti yoga, karma yoga)
4:00 p.m............Advanced asana and pranayama class
6:00 p.m............Vegetarian Dinner
8:00 p.m............Satsang (meditation, chanting, and lecture) or special program Vedanta Study of the different philosophical schools of India, vedantic theory and practice, and vedantic meditation techniques.
CERTIFICATE OF YOGA ACHARYA
- Upon successful completion of the examination, participants receive an internationally recognized diploma from the "Yoga Vedanta Forest Academy" of Rishikesh, situated in the Himalayas, and the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centres and Ashrams with headquarters at Val Morin, Quebec, Canada. The title Yoga Acharyameans master of Yoga.
- Certified by the worldwide Yoga Alliance for the 500 hours standard for Registered Yoga Schools (RYS).
Successful completion of the Sivananda Teachers Training Course (TTC).
The course will be offered in English with simultaneous translation into Mandarin Chinese and Japanese.
Accommodations and Pricing
- Dorm (4 person) $2850
- Double (2 person) $3300
- Private (1 person) $3750
- Double (2 person) $3800
- Private (1 person) $4400
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Deluxe Cabin (triple, shared) $3600
- Deluxe Cabin (double, shared) $4200
- Deluxe Cabin (1 person) $5400
What to Bring
- 2 pairs of TTC Uniforms (we will have available in our boutique)
Required texts: "Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga"
by Swami Vishnudevananda
- Meditation and Mantras by Swami Vishnudevananda (mandatory)
Recommnded texts: "Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy"
by Swami Sitaramananda
"Yoga: Your Home Companion" by SYVC
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Swami Sitaramananda is a senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda, who is a direct disciple of Swami Sivananda. She was nominated acharya by him in 1989 and is presently acharya of US West coast Centers and Ashrams as well as Asia, especially Vietnam and China. She has been director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm for more than 20 years and has taught many international Teachers Training Courses in California, Vietnam, China, Taiwan and India and is also teaching regularly at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, Nassau Bahamas. She is the author of Positive Thinking Manual, Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy (translated in Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese) and Swamiji Said, a collection of teachings by Swami Vishnudevananda in His Own Words as well as two poem books. She is responsible for the Vietnamese translation of The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda. Some of her audio lectures on Yoga Life, articles and webinar presentations can be found on the website.
Swami Jnaneswariananda joined the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers in 1995 and has been director of centers and ashrams in Canada and Italy. She teaches Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Anatomy, and Vedanta at Teacher's Training Courses in North America, Italy and India. Swami Jnaneswariananda took vows of Sannyas in 2001. She is currently a senior teacher at the Yoga Farm in Grass Valley. She teaches with great enthusiasm and humor.
Swami Narayanananda was born in London. He is now based at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in Grass Valley, CA and teaches internationally. He has been involved fulltime in Yoga since 1996 and took Teachers Training in India in 1999. He is a disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda and has been a senior teacher of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta organization for 17 years, teaching in countries such as India and Vietnam, and, most recently, in our Sivananda Yoga Center in Chengdu, China. He has been director and teacher in the Sivananda Centers in Chicago and New York City and assistant director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm. Swami Narayanananda teaches Yoga and Meditation and has trained teachers in Yoga Teacher Training and Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Courses in the USA, India, Taiwan and Vietnam.
Swami Dharmananda is one of the main teachers of Hatha Yoga and Meditation at the Ashram. He took sannyas vows in 2013 and is assistant director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm. Swami Dharmananda is keenly interested in yoga psychology and philosophy, presenting the classical teaching in a practical and accessible way to people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Swami Adi Parashaktiananda
Swami Adi Parashaktiananda is a dedicated Sadhak and Hatha Yoga practitioner and teacher, graduated from Sivananda Teachers Training Course in 2009 at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in Grass Valley, CA. He took the first monastic vow from Sivananda lineage in 2011. He has been traveling yearly to Vietnam as Swami Sitaramananda's assistant and has been teaching the Hatha Yoga classes for the Teachers Training Course. He was also part of the teaching team for the 14-day Sivananda Sadhana Intensive course, whose emphasis is on the daily practice of pranayama.