Learn to apply the Five Points of Yoga for Perfect Health in your daily life with asana and pranayama classes, conscious relaxation techniques, proper diet and nutrition, and positive thinking and meditation practices to cultivate a positive and healthy outlook on life.
According to Swami Sivananda, physical health is when all the organs of the body function harmoniously under the intelligent control of the mind. Health is not a static state. We are the navigator.
Mental health is when the mind is calm, free of ups and downs, and the senses are under control. Emotional health means that we have love towards all, and to embody positive emotions such as compassion and empathy. Yoga psychology teaches us that the negative emotions of fear, resentment, jealousy, etc., are not our true nature.
Spiritual health is our connection to inner spirit. Self-knowledge is to remember that my true nature Sat Chit Ananda (Existence, Knowledge, Bliss Absolute); and not identifying with the physical body, the mind or emotions. I remain detached from temporary happenings and external conditions.
Practical workshops focus on common health conditions related to lifestyle and stress such as diabetes, heart disease, hypertension, high blood pressure, anxiety and fear, and how a Yogic lifestyle can improve one's physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
Hands-on cooking workshops offer Yoga and Ayurveda cooking techniques, including the use of spices, food combinations, and simple recipes to prepare at home.
List of Topics
- The twelve basic steady postures and meditative postures
- Flexibility of spine
- Increased flow of prana through asana practice
- Balancing breath to calm the mind and emotions
- Increase prana to control the mind
- Channel prana inward and upward
- Yamas: Ahimsa, Satya, Brahmacharya, Asteya, Aparigraha
- Niyamas: Saucha, Santosha, Tapas, Swadhyaya, Iswara-pranidhana
- How to reduce vrittis, Concentration
- Mechanics of the Mind
- How to see the truth beyond our mental projections
- Discussion on subconscious samskaras, karma and thought patterns
• 6:00am Satsang (Meditation, chanting, lecture)
• 8:00 - 10:00am Yoga Asana and Pranayama Class
• 10:00am Brunch
• 10:45am Karma Yoga
• 1:00 - 2:30pm Yoga for Health Workshop
• 4:00pm Yoga Asana and Pranayama Practice
• 6:00pm Dinner
• 8:00pm Satsang (Meditation, chanting, lecture)
AM Satsang - "Health: Physical, Mental, Spiritual Health"
12-2pm "Five Points of Yoga / Prana"
PM Satsang - "Life"
AM Satsang - "How Hatha Yoga Heals"
12-2pm "Diabetes Health"
3-6pm Cooking Workshop (includes 3 Gunas/"Why vegetarianism?")
PM Satsang - Video "Planeat"
AM Satsang - Labyrinth walk (walking meditation)
12-2pm workshop "Positive Thinking for Positive Health"
3-6pm Cooking Workshop
PM Satsang - "How to Bring Harmony to Chaos"
AM Satsang - Proper Relaxation
12-4 Yuba River Trip
4pm - Asana and Yoga Nidra
PM Satsang - Guru Puja
AM Satsang - "Meditation"
12-2 - "Planting the Tree of Positivity"
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm with Orientation followed by Satsang on the first day,
Departure: The course will end at 3pm on final day.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form (click 'register' below).
Suggested Course Material
• Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy, Swami Sitaramananda
• Thought Power, Swami Sivananda
• Bliss Divine, Swami Sivananda
• Raja Yoga, Swami Sivananada
• Meditation and Mantras, Swami Vishnudevananda
All books and materials are available in our boutique.
What to Bring
Slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family
Accommodation Discounts: Seniors (60+) 10% & Students 10%