Restorative Yoga is a very gentle yoga practice designed to calm the nervous system and create overall health in the body. It offers simple yet powerful postures that can be integrated into existing yoga classes, healing treatments, or used to teach restorative specific classes. Restorative Yoga is a regenerative healing tool that reduces stress by supporting the body’s innate responses towards homeostasis and health. Through the use of supported yoga postures, breathing and meditative techniques, a profound sense of relaxation can infuse one’s entire being which leads to healing. Restorative Yoga techniques are helpful in the treatment of nervous system disorders, such as insomnia, hypertension, anxiety, and also with specific ailments such as cancer, although it often used for structural re-alignment and the healing of injuries. When the body is fully supported, it will naturally relax, releasing deeply held tensions. Restorative yoga is the yoga of non-doing, and focuses on effortlessness and ease, using well-placed blankets, bolsters, yoga straps, and chairs to safely support the body in various postures. This process invokes a natural state of balance, regeneration, and healing rest.
During this 30 hour program, learn a full series of restorative postures, complemented with gentle stretching, breathing, and meditation. Through direct experience, practice teaching, and feedback, you leave with the ability to confidently teach a primary series of restorative poses to your students as well as incorporate them into your own practice. The Restorative Yoga Teacher Training is an experiential and fundamentals course designed to provide teachers with a foundation for teaching a safe and effective restorative practice. Students will learn how to meet each student where they are, no matter the age or ability, and teach safe effective postures to heal the body and relax the mind.
Certified Yoga Instructors wishing to expand their knowledge of restorative Yoga, teach restorative yoga classes and add to their class offerings. 30 CEU credits and a Restorative Yoga Certification approved by Yoga Alliance
You will learn:
- The benefits of restorative yoga.
- Asanas that naturally induce a state of relaxation and restoration
- How to effectively support the body in each posture with props
- How to support people with injuries, stress or chronic pain
- Restorative postures that can be effectively integrated into Hatha Yoga Classes
- Restorative Yoga as a stand alone practice
- You will have the ability to reach people who (not limited to):
- have physical limitations, are recovering from injuries and illnesses illnesses
- experience stress, insomnia or fatigue, or are energetically drained
- are aging to practice yoga
You will be able to:
- improve your ability to see imbalances in the body more clearly and to use
- restorative poses to re-align, re-balance and restore the root of the imbalance.
- to set up 25 postures with available props and verbal cues
- assess support and comfort of your students
- to ease agitation and promote relaxation.
- suggest postures for particular therapeutic effects.
- explain the organic and emotional benefits of postures.
- develop an understanding of the healing process.
- improve your ability to heal yourself and to empower others to heal themselves.
- The Fundamentals of Teaching Restorative Yoga
- Basics of Restorative Yoga
- Understanding the Nervous System: Parasympathetic and Sympathetic.
- How Restorative Yoga Affects the Nervous System.
- The well-propped pose: to prop or not to prop and why?
- Stress related disorders caused by an imbalanced nervous system.
- Learn how traditional wisdom and scientific understanding can be blended into
- the Restorative Yoga Practice.
- Restorative Yoga and the 5 senses. Exploring these concepts practically.
- Elements of Support
- The psychology of deep support.
- Restorative yoga and the emotions.
- The Mind and Restorative Yoga.
- A look at the teachings of the great masters.
- Know proper support of the hands, knees, back, pelvis, arms, neck and chest in
- restorative poses.
- Elements and Harmonies
- The vayus: Prana and Apana. Using restorative Yoga to come into balance.
- Cooling & Heating/ Calming & Stimulating: understanding the basics of what
- each restorative pose does to various systems of the body.
- Ayurveda, Western Culture, The 3 doshas and Restorative Yoga.
- Calming &, Digesting: understanding the affect of deeply calming postures
- Restorative Savasana. and Yoga Nidra
6 am - Satsang - topic related to Restorative Yoga
8 am - Gentle Movements asana class
10 am - Brunch
12 - 4 pm - Workshop with Sundari
4 pm - Restorative yoga practice
6pm - Dinner
8 pm - Satsang
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin on the first Date with Ashram Orientation at 7pm followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will finish on the final date after the final workshop.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on the first Day making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
A confirmation email will be sent to you. In case of cancellation a credit note will be issued. Refund is only given with 48 hours notice and the deposit is non-refundable.
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family
Accommodation Discounts: Seniors (60+) 10% & Students 10%
Nora Benian (Sundari)
Nora Benian (Sundari) E-RYT 500, is a Yoga therapist, professional counselor and Thai Yoga Massage practitioner and has a diploma in Homeopathy. Nora teaches yoga workshops and teacher trainings across the continent and in the Caribbean, specializing in Restorative, Yin, Therapeutic and Hatha Yoga. The lectures, classes and courses she offers provide the foundations, theory and practicum necessary for her students to teach these styles of yoga to their students confidently. Her knowledge and experience in yoga is extensive; she communicates information with ease—inspiring students and teachers to keep learning and sharing the wisdom found in yoga.