Module 2: April 14 - May 5, 2018 YOGA, PATHOLOGY, AYURVEDA and HEALING
- physiology of stress response and relaxation response
- 5 causes of stress and how Yoga helps. Health and lifestyle
- Ayurveda foundations: doshas, ama, prana , vayus
- sun, moon balance
- from inborn constitution to acquired constitution : prakriti to vikriti
- nutrition and fire of digestion.
- 5 layers of healing
- Biomedical and psychological foundations:Anatomy and physiology
- Illnesses process and categories. medical terminology
- Yoga effects on specific conditions.
Ayurveda Foundations 2
Healing Science of Ayurveda
Taught by Durga Leela
- Ayurveda Foundations 2 builds on knowledge gained in the Ayurveda Foundations 1 module. The Yoga Health Educator student will be exposed to the subtler aspects of Ayurveda to deepen their existing knowledge of concepts including Ayurveda psychology, constitution, the disease process and treatments, structure of tissues, subtle anatomy, and Hatha Yoga practices combined with Ayurveda to bring physical and psychological balance and health.
Anatomy and Physiology 3
Communication, Protection, and Stress in the Body
Taught by Swami Jnaneswariananda
- Providing knowledge of the structure and function of the nervous, endocrine, and immune systems of the body. Common disorders of the systems will be introduced as well as autoimmune diseases and common interventions. The effects of physiological and psychological stress on health and well-being will be introduced.
Five Layers of Healing
According to Yoga and Ayurveda Principles
Taught by Arun Deva
- Five Layers of Healing introduces the Upanishadic model of the Pancha Maya Kosha to develop understanding of the five koshas as seen through Yoga and Ayurveda and their therapeutic application. Special reference is made to the Pancha Maya Kosha and the chakra system. Practical applications and remedial practices are given to promote healing for physical and emotional well-being. Practical sessions include movement, breath work, imaging, chanting and contemplation.