Learn the science of the 6 tastes, a unique feature of ayurvedic nutririon to insure proper digestion,assimilation of nutrients and elimination. The use of spices and sattvic food, based on grains, pulses and vegetables, savouries and sweetmeats as prescribed in Ayurveda bring about a wholesome experience of wellbeing.
- - This workshop promises "Good digestion, Balanced meals, tasty and easy to digest food for the whole family."
- - Learn the art of using Indian spices for balancing your specific condition.
- Sweet- provides nutrition and tissue build-up.
- Salty- retain water to keep cohesion in the tissues.
- Sour- promotes secretions for proper metabolism.
- Bitter- cleanses blood and toxins left along g.i. tract.
- Hot- enhances agni(digestive fire), dissolves phlegm and has antimicrobial effects.
- Astringent- allows water absorption in the colon for proper elimination.
3pm Cooking with Karuna
8am Yoga Class
12-2pm Workshop with Karuna
3pm Cooking with Karuna
8am Cooking with Karuna
12pm Final Workshop with Karuna
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm with Orientation followed by Satsang,
Departure: The course will end at 2pm on final day.
We encourage you to arrive by 3pm on the first Date, joining the kitchen for cooking with Bharta, or joining the yoga class. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Textbook: "Essentias of Yoga Practice and Philosophy"
by Swami Sitaramananda
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family
Accommodation Discounts: Seniors (60+) 10% & Students 10%
Karuna Devi is a teacher of Classical Yoga, a student of Ayurveda, a practitioner of the four paths of yoga, and a dedicated student of Swami Sitaramananda and the teachings of Swami Sivananda and Swami Vishnudevananda. Bringing a brightness and sincerity to the teaching of Classical Yoga, Karuna Devi is dedicated to helping students create a firm foundation on which to build a successful yoga practice.