Raja Yoga is the royal Yoga path of mind control and meditation. It is a natural culmination of the Hatha Yoga practice which is considered to be a step to Raja Yoga. The purpose of Raja Yoga is to bring the mind to calmness so one can realize the Self, the peace and Bliss within. Course study centers on the Raja Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. Students learn to apply the classical teachings in the context of daily life, gain understanding of the workings of the mind, and learn techniques and practices to gain mastery over the mind:
- How to use the eightfold path to systematically identify the causes of suffering in people and design methods and techniques to alleviate suffering
- How to help people increase vital energy (prana) and become stronger physically, mentally and emotionally
- Learn methods to help people reduce distractions and increase concentration and peace of mind
- How to help people to become more positive through positive thinking techniques
- Learn methods to help people overcome bad habits and addictions by changing existing mental patterns
- Learn practices to help people to recover their clarity and wellness through purification techniques of body and mind
- How to help people breaks through darkness, self denial, confusion and be more effective and successful and realizing their innate potentials
6-8am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am Beginners Yoga Class
11am Karma Yoga
1-3pm Raja Yoga Workshop
3-4pm Free Time and Nature walks
4-6pm Open Yoga Class
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family
Accommodation Discounts: Seniors (60+) 10% & Students 10%
Swami Dharmananda is one of the main teachers of Hatha Yoga and Meditation at the Ashram. He took sannyas vows in 2013 and is assistant director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm. Swami Dharmananda is keenly interested in yoga psychology and philosophy, presenting the classical teaching in a practical and accessible way to people of all faiths and backgrounds.