The Sivananda Yoga Health Education Camp for Cancer Wellness is a 5-day retreat for those already diagnosed with cancer, survivors, caregivers, and family members suffering from the stresses of cancer. Yoga teachings and practices are designed to support and enhance quality of life focused on prevention, gentle Yoga exercise and diet, and spiritual health.
06:00 - 08:00 am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am Special Yoga therapeutic class - adapted to condition
11am Karma Yoga
1-3pm Yoga Health Workshop
3-4pm Free Time and Nature walks
4-6pm Special Yoga therapeutic class - adapted to condition
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
1. 5 points of Yoga for Integral Health: Yogic Approach to Cancer Wellness
2. Importance to recharge vital energy . Understanding Prana and doing Pranayama exercises.
3. Conscious Relaxation and stress. Yoga Nidra for Self-awareness
4. Anti cancer vegetarian diet
5. Meditation and understanding of thoughts , emotions and positive thinking for Cancer healing.
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Textbook: "Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy" by Swami Sitaramananda
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family
Accommodation Discounts: Seniors (60+) 10% & Students 10%