One hundred million American adults live in chronic pain. The most expensive pain conditiond in America are headache, arthritis and back pain. If you haven't experienced it, you may be inclined to dismiss it. Pain is complex. Pain is ever-changing.
Yoga for Pain Care
- Safe movement is an important part of pain care.
- Awareness practices prepare body and mind for moving with less effort.
- Yoga is non-invasive and there are no negative side effects.
- Understand the basic workings of brain-body communication.
- Develop self-management skills. Calm the nervous system.
- It takes practice, patience and perseverance.
- A "health mindset" vs "pain mindset"
- Fascinating findings of recent pain research
- Be the witness to the inner experience: more perception, less sensation.
- Managing an over-aroused nervous system
The Yoga and meditation retreat participants will study the basic yoga psychology from Patanjali Yoga Sutras, and learn how to manage your mind effectively to reach your optimum health and well being and attain success in Life and Self-realization!
Participants follow the ashram daily schedule. You will be personally guided on your first attempts to meditate, coached by an experienced meditation teacher.
6-8am Satsang: Guided silent meditation practice, chanting and lecture
8-10am Yoga Class (specialized)
11am Karma Yoga
1pm Pain Care Workshop
4-6pm Yoga Class
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm with Orientation followed by Satsang.
Departure: The course will end at 2pm on final day
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Sunday, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form.
What to Bring
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family