Module 2 Description
Module 2 features study in the following areas: Ayurveda 25 hours; Tantra 25 hours
The Vedic Counseling course is designed to help serious Yoga teachers, Ayurveda practitioners and Vedic Science practitioners to acquire additional and practical skills to better serve their students or clients on the path of positive living and high thinking.
The Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm has been the forum for the teaching of the Vedic sciences for many years and includes Yoga and Vedanta philosophy, Ayurveda (the science of healing), Jyotish (Vedic astrology), Tantra (science of mantra, yantra, and sacred myths), and Vastu (science of sacred space).
The Vedic Counseling course is comprised of 350 hours of residential study, offered in small modules of 5 days each (first module is 10 days), led by expert teachers in their respective field.
- Students learn to teach the basics of classical Vedic sciences including Jyotish, Ayurveda, Vastu, Tantra, Yoga and Vedanta philosophy
- Promote a holistic interdisciplinary approach to life
- Create enlightened counselors and life coaches to assist people in their journey toward wholeness and spiritual awareness
- Improve one's quality of life and uplift society by showing the path to Dharma and to alleviate karmic suffering
- Bring physical, mental, and spiritual health and well-being to all by the application of these Vedic sciences
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) - DAILY CHANTS - VISHNU DHANWANTHARI SONG
- bhakti , mythologies, stories - 10 INCARNATIONS OF VISHNU
- MANTRA - HEALING MANTRAS , DHANVANTHARI MANTRAS, MAHA MRITYUNJAYA MANTRAS.
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) - DAILY CHANTS
- bhakti , mythologies, stories - STORY OF DHANVANTHARI
- Krishna Janmashtami
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) - KRISHNA SONGS
- bhakti , mythologies, stories - KRISHNA'S LILAS
- KRISHNA JANMASTAMI CELEBRATIONS / BIRTH OF KRISHNA PUJA
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) SHANTI MANTRAS
- TANTRA: MUDRAS, NASYAS , YANTRAS
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) - GURUS MANTRAS
- bhakti YOGA - RADHA KRISHNA AND DIVINE LOVE TEACHING
- MANTRA (KIRTAN)- VISHNU MANTRAS
- TANTRA, MUDRAS , YANTRAS
- MANTRA - DHYANA SLOKAS
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) - SUBRAHMANYA CHANTS
- bhakti , mythologies, stories - BIRTH OF SUBRAHMANYA
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) - KRISHNA CHANTS
- bhakti , mythologies, stories- VISHNU SAHASRANMAM
- JAPA YOGA - MANTRA FOR PEACE CHANTING
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) - PEACE CHANTS
- bhakti , mythologies, stories PRALHAD, DRUVA STORY
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on the first Date of the course with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
After 18 years of teaching and service at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center in Los Angeles, Swami Sivasankariananda joined staff at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in May 2014. She has served as director of the San Francisco Center since February of 2015. She completed her TTC at the Yoga Farm in 1997 and ATTC there in 2008. She has been on yatra in north and south India and Mount Kailas. She loves to teach and is particularly fond of the Bhakti Yoga practices. She took sannyas in 2017 and is a certified yoga therapist.
Durga Leela is founder of Yoga of Recovery, a comprehensive program integrating Ayurveda and Yoga with recovery tools for a holistic mind, body and spirit approach for those affected by addiction and self-destructive behaviors. Yoga of Recovery is currently offered as workshops, retreats and certificate courses. Durga holds the RYT-500 qualification, having completed both the Sivananda Yoga Teachers Training Course and an Advanced Yoga Teachers Training. She is also extensively trained in Meditation and Vedanta. She is a Clinical Ayurvedic and Pancha Karma Specialist, trained at the California College of Ayurveda and also in Kerala, India. She is Director of the Ayurveda Programs at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm and a professional member of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA). She is also a member of Yoga Alliance and International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
Swami Dharmananda is one of the main teachers of Hatha Yoga and Meditation at the Ashram. He took sannyas vows in 2013 and is assistant director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm. Swami Dharmananda is keenly interested in yoga psychology and philosophy, presenting the classical teaching in a practical and accessible way to people of all faiths and backgrounds.