This weekend is an ideal introduction to Sivananda Yoga, and offers students a foundation to the philosophy and daily practices of classical yoga. During a weekend full of guided learning and practice, you will get a glimpse of the full yogic experience as you are progressively introduced to the practice of yoga asanas (postures), breathing exercises (pranayama), relaxation techniques, yogic diet, daily meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy. You will be introduced to the 5 points of Yoga, a system to balance the body and mind into a state of maximum health. This weekend offers an immersive experience in the daily routine of yoga in the peaceful and beautiful natural environment of the Ashram, with daily classes, meditation sessions and wholesome, organic vegetarian meals. You will leave rested and refreshed with the basic knowledge of how to continue your practice at home.
- Step by step guide to the basic 12 postures, explanation of benefits of the postures
- What is classical yoga? Intro to the tradition
- lineage of the Masters
- What is the purpose and what are the methods of classical yoga?
- Philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
- Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
- Yogic techniques of breathing
- Vegetarianism-the how and why
- Relaxation and stress management
- Positive thinking
- Basic technique of meditationThe yogic daily routine
6-8am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am Beginners Yoga Class
11am Karma Yoga
1-3pm Beginners Workshop
3-4pm Free Time and Nature walks
4-6pm Open Yoga Class
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm with Orientation followed by Satsang,
Departure: The course will end at 3pm on final day.
We encourage you to arrive by 4pm on Day 1, making the most out of the afternoon by joining us for the Asana class and dinner. You are always welcome and encouraged to extend your stay to any length before or after the course. Please indicate your desired arrival and departure dates on your registration form (click 'register' below).
What to Bring
Textbook: "Essentias of Yoga Practice and Philosophy"
by Swami Sitaramananda
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight.
All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family