Learn how to make Yoga accessible to seniors, those with disabilities or limited mobility, the chronically ill, Alzheimer patients, pre-/post-surgery patients, and those recovering from injuries. You will acquire tools to offer modified Yoga postures in chairs, chair modifications in mixed level classes (standing and sitting), private Chair Yoga sessions, breathing, chanting and meditation in chairs. Corporate Yoga will be introduced as well. Learn the business and marketing of Chair Yoga to start your own classes at senior or community centers, hospitals, health clubs, corporations, non-profits and more.
Schedule (Fri, Sat, & Sun)
- 5:30 am.............. Wake-up
- 6:00 am.............. Meditation/chants (Satsang)
- 8:00-10am......... Workshop on teaching Chair Yoga
- 10:00 am........... Vegetarian brunch, 11:00am Karma yoga
- 12:00-3:30pm......Lectures and Workshops on teaching
- 4:00-6pm............ Hatha Yoga (optional)
- 6:00 pm.............. Vegetarian dinner
- 8:00 pm.............. Group meditation (Satsang)
The course is open to all Yoga teachers, nurses, PT's, as well as those who would like to learn Chair Yoga modifications for their own practice.
Participants will receive a Chair Yoga teaching manual.
Graduates of this course will receive a certificate of completion of Chair Yoga Training co-signed by SYVC and Sunlight Yoga.
Yoga Teachers can earn 16 hours of Continuing Education Units (CEU's) with the Yoga Alliance.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin at 7pm on Thursday with an Ashram Orientation followed by Satsang at 8pm.
Departure: The course will conclude at 3pm on the Final date.
What to Bring
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight. All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Accommodation Prices and Photos
- Dorm: $65/night per person
- Double: $85/night per person
- Single: $130/night
- Double: $120/night per person
- Single: $170/night
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Triple: $120/night per person
- Double: $160/night per person
- Single: $240/night
- Family of two: $280/night per family
- Family of three: $320/night per family
Stacie Dooreck (Saraswati)
Stacie Dooreck (Saraswati) is the creator of "Sunlight Chair Yoga: Yoga for Everyone" book and teacher traninings. A Sivananda Yoga instructor since 1995, she is also certified in Gentle, Integral, Kundalini, and prenatal yoga. She leads the Chair Yoga Teacher Trainings at Sivananda ashrams in the US and Bahamas. She also teaches at companies, senior homes, libraries, and community expos. In 2011 Stacie was featured on CBS Ch. 4 Miami News Healthwatch teaching "Yoga for Seniors" and on KQED/NPR radio in 2013.