This 4 week course, which offers a profound personal experience, will allow you to transmit the knowledge of yoga to others. The spiritual essence of yoga is learned through a combination of repeated practice and inspirational lessons. Among the many benefits that students report are greater spiritual awareness, a sense of connection with the divine, a new-found sense of self-discipline, enhanced self-esteem, improved power of concentration and increased strength and flexibility.
A teaching certificate from the International SYVC is awarded upon successful completion of this immersion course. The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center (SYVC) has trained over 40,000 yoga teachers to date since 1969. The curriculum includes asanas, pranayama, meditation, Vedanta philosophy, anatomy/physiology, Bhagavad Gita, mantra and kriyas. Please inquire for a brochure and application form.
5:30 am..........................Wake Up
6:00 - 7:30 am...............Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
8:00 - 10:00 am.............Yoga Asana and Pranayama Class
10:00 - 10:45 am...........Vegetarian Brunch
10:45 - 11:45 am...........Karma Yoga (Selfless Service)
12:00 - 1:00 pm.............Kirtan or Bhagavad Gita Class
2:00 - 4:00 pm................Main Philosphy Lecture
4:00 - 6:00 pm................How to Teach Yoga Class
6:00 - 6:45 pm................Vegetarian Dinner
6:45 - 7:45 pm................Free time for Homework completion
8:00 - 9:45 pm................Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
1 day a week will be free, but satsang still must be attended.
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive the Certificate of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers, entitled Yoga Siromani.
This training is registered by and fulfils the requirements for the 200-hour certification, for which graduates of the program are invited to register.
- - Hatha Yoga Theory, The Astral Body
- - The nadis (energy channels) and chakras (energy centers).
- - Yoga Asanas, The Sun Salutation and the 12 basic yoga postures.
- - Advanced Variations
- - Effects of asanas on the physical and astral body
- - Deep relaxation, Release of blocked energy
- - Pranayama Kapalabhati, Anuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breath)
- - Meditation, Twelve Guidelines for Meditation
- - Mantras and mantra initiation (if requested)
- - Techniques of meditation
- - Mechanics of the mind
- - Positive thinking techniques
- - Psychology of the Spiritual Aspirant
- - Law of karma, Vedanta philosophy
- - 4 classical Yoga paths : Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga
- - 8 limbs of Yoga and Jnana Yoga (vedanta philosophy and techniques of self enquiry) .
Anatomy and Physiology
- - The effects of hatha yoga on major body systems
- - Yogic Diet and Nutrition
- - Ethical, health and spiritual reasons for vegetarianism
Bhagavad Gita Study
- - commentary of the Bhagavad Gita, which is the most read classical scripture. It gives universal teachings on how to do your duty and conduct yourself in the battlefield of life.
- - Positive emotional effects of chanting
- - Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
- - Mantra and sound healing
- - Practice of opening of the heart to the divine
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin in the Afternoon of Saturday with registration at 11:00 am. Please plan to arrive by Friday.
Departure: The Graduation Ceremony will be in the evening on Saturday. You can plan departure the following day.
- The Sivananda TTC has been a wonderful experience – I learned a lot about yoga and particularly appreciate the holistic approach to living well and finding inner peace. The teachings of the Guru’s are inspiring and profound. The support system provided by the wonderful staff members and teachers created a very conducive and encouraging environment for such an intense program. Vivian Lee, Singapore
- Before I came to TTC I had a vague idea of the spiritual goal of life and my idea about how to attain this goal was completely wrong. I got lost in the details of daily mundane life goals and thought that happiness would come eventually and I progressed with their achievement. I have never had such clarity about my life’s purpose and thanks to the teachings that I received I leave with not only a lot of powerful tools to help me along the way but also a warning of all the obstacles that I will face along the way and how to address them! Rosa Michaelis, Herdecke, Germany
- The Sivananda teacher training course is truly a transformative experience. It is an immersion in the traditions of an ancient lineage of yogic wisdom. If you are only looking to earn a certificate to teach asana classes you will get a lot more than you expect. If you have a longing for the truth and would like to further the path to peace; this is it. William Kingori, Chico, CA, May 2013
Accommodations and Pricing
- Dorm (4 person) $2850
- Double (2 person) $3300
- Private (1 person) $3750
- Double (2 person) $3800
- Private (1 person) $4400
Deluxe Shanti Cabins
- Deluxe Cabin (triple, shared) $3600
- Deluxe Cabin (double, shared) $4200
- Deluxe Cabin (1 person) $5400
What to Bring
Required texts: "Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga"
by Swami Vishnudevananda
"Bhagavad Gita" commentary by Swami Sivananda
Recommnded texts: "Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy"
by Swami Sitaramananda
"Yoga: Your Home Companion" by SYVC
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight.
All books and materials are available in our boutique.
To Register for this course click the "Register" Button.
◻ STEP 1 - CREATE ONLINE USER ID AND PASSWORD
◻ STEP 2 - FILL OUT ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
◻ STEP 3 - WILL ANYBODY JOIN YOU?
◻ STEP 4 - CHOOSE ACCOMMODATION OPTION
◻ STEP 5 - MAKE DEPOSIT AND PAY ONLINE WITH PAYPAL OR CREDIT CARD
Swami Sitaramananda is a senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda, who is a direct disciple of Swami Sivananda. She was nominated acharya by him in 1989 and is presently acharya of US West coast Centers and Ashrams as well as Asia, especially Vietnam and China. She has been director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm for more than 20 years and has taught many international Teachers Training Courses in California, Vietnam, China, Taiwan and India and is also teaching regularly at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, Nassau Bahamas. She is the author of Positive Thinking Manual, Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy (translated in Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese) and Swamiji Said, a collection of teachings by Swami Vishnudevananda in His Own Words as well as two poem books. She is responsible for the Vietnamese translation of The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda. Some of her audio lectures on Yoga Life, articles and webinar presentations can be found on the website.
Swami Jnaneswariananda joined the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers in 1995 and has been director of centers and ashrams in Canada and Italy. She teaches Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Anatomy, and Vedanta at Teacher's Training Courses in North America, Italy and India. Swami Jnaneswariananda took vows of Sannyas in 2001. She is currently a senior teacher at the Yoga Farm in Grass Valley. She teaches with great enthusiasm and humor.
Swami Dharmananda is one of the main teachers of Hatha Yoga and Meditation at the Ashram. He took sannyas vows in 2013 and is assistant director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm. Swami Dharmananda is keenly interested in yoga psychology and philosophy, presenting the classical teaching in a practical and accessible way to people of all faiths and backgrounds.
Swami Adi Parashaktiananda
Swami Adi Parashaktiananda is a dedicated Sadhak and Hatha Yoga practitioner and teacher, graduated from Sivananda Teachers Training Course in 2007 at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in Grass Valley, CA. He took the first monastic vow from Sivananda lineage in 2011. He has been traveling yearly to Vietnam as Swami Sitaramananda's assistant and has been teaching the Hatha Yoga classes for the Teachers Training Course. He has also been traveling to Chengdu, China to help teach the Teachers Training Course there. He also teaches a 7-day Hatha Yoga Sadhana course and the 14-day Sivananda Sadhana Intensive course, whose emphasis is on individual practice of pranayama. He took sannyas vows in 2017 and received the name Swami Adi Parasahktiananda.