Yoga Health Education Camp – Yoga for Chronic Pain
with Swami Sivasankariananda
March 17 - 22, 2019
Pain seems to be conscious and cognitive. Persisting pain is related to changes in the physical body and neuroplastic changes in the nervous system. The “danger button” is constantly activated. Pain changes us in many ways. There are equally many ways to change it back. Develop skills to keep your body, breath and mind calm. Put some evidence-based pain self-care processes in your pain care toolkit. There is hope for finding more peace and ease.
- Acute and chronic pain conditions and management.
- Breath Awareness and Breath Regulation – Pain is changeable;
- Reset the protective systems
- Mind body awareness – Become a pro at feeling non-pain sensation
- Body Tension Regulation and Release – Stay at the edge of pain
- Awareness of Thoughts and Emotions – Interconnection
- Anti inflammatory vegetarian diet
06:00 – 07:30 am Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
08:00 – 10:00 am Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
10:00 – 10:45 am Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 – 12:00 pm Karma Yoga
01:00 – 03:00 pm Yoga Health Workshop
04:00 – 06:00 pm Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
06:00 – 06:45 pm Vegetarian Dinner
08:00 – 09:30 pm Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
Swami Sivasankariananda, director of the Los Angeles Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, served as director of the San Francisco Center from February of 2015 to September 2019. She returns to LA where she lived for 20+ years. She completed her TTC at the Yoga Farm in 1997 and ATTC there…
Learn more about Swami Sivasankariananda