Yoga of Recovery: Between the Mat and the Meeting: Ayurveda for Our ‘Addictiveness’
with Durga Leela
January 21 - April 8, 2021
Registrations accepted until Feb. 28th
Embody health in recovery from all addictive disorders, (substances, food/sugar and behaviors) through Ayurveda, framed in the most accessible, relatable and practical way. Address the needs and vulnerabilities that underlie these habits with a pioneering look at our stress-response tendencies. We’ll look at our ‘acting out’ tendencies, and how physical practices and daily routines can widen the window of tolerance. We come to deeper self-understanding and self-regulation for resilience one day at a time.
Yoga of Recovery works with everyone whose lives have been affected by addiction, in themselves or loved ones – people who have sex addiction, eating disorders, codependents with no substance abuse, and others where substance abuse is present but it is not the primary presenting issues. The program is also open to anyone who wants to learn lifestyle and stress management skills.
Health and recovery from addiction and disease involve fully living in the wholeness that you are. By recognizing your innate strengths you can learn to revitalize your body’s systems rather than to depend on addictive, unhealthy behaviors. Build a strong foundation for living well, and learn about stress, digestion, sleep hygiene, and detoxification. Practice deep self-care and emotional regulation through simple Ayurvedic daily routines that you cna practice at home.
The program is an integration of the philosophy and psychology of Yoga and Ayurveda – offering many physical practices to allow us to embody our recovery pathway.
By signing up through the Yoga Farm you will receive 3 months unlimited Yoga asana classes, available 7 days each week.
Yoga of Recovery 12 Week Session consist of:
- Live zoom class once per week for 2 hours (Thursdays 4-6pm PST / 7-9pm EST; 1/21/21 – 4/8/21).
Here we review, discuss and share about the week’s class topic – with a Buddy check-in and also group break- out sessions and Q&A with me – slightly different each week. These sessions are recorded in case you are not able to attend the live session.
- Pre-recorded videos you can watch before we meet to review and discuss this topic in our live class (about 11 hours over the 12 weeks, released each week), and
- We have 2 YoR Recovery Meetings per week – one an open, all-fellowship 12 step meeting; the other will be a book study (non-12 step). These are not recorded – day/time TBA
Upon completion of this course you can submit to receive continuing education credits with 3 major Yoga certification organizations
- Yoga Alliance – 50 hours — YACP Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider®
- IAYT – 27 APD hours — Advanced Professional Development with the International Association of Yoga Therapists
- NAMA PACE – 50 hours – National Ayurvedic Medical Association – Professional Advanced Continuing Education
$1200 (payment plans available)
Durga Leela is founder of Yoga of Recovery, a comprehensive program integrating Ayurveda and Yoga with recovery tools for a holistic mind, body and spirit approach for those affected by addiction and self-destructive behaviors. Yoga of Recovery is currently offered as workshops, retreats and certificate courses. Durga holds…
Learn more about Durga Leela