Module 1 Description
In the first module the curriculum will include -
Curriculum: 40 Hrs Yoga/vedanta, 15 Hrs Jyotish, 12 Hrs Ayurveda, 12 Hrs Vastu, 20 Hrs Tantra
- YOGA AND YOGA LIFE -What does it mean to live a life of yoga? Simply put: yoga offers us the opportunity to live fully—joyfully, consciously, and purposefully.
- YOGA PHILOSOPHY FOR RIGHT APPROACH TO LIFE (STATEMENTS OF SANKARACHARYA )-
- 5 POINTS OF YOGA LIFE
- 8 LIMBS OF YOGA
- HOW YOGA HEALS? BENEFITS OF ASANAS PRACTICE
- BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
- LIFE IS A JOURNEY ,ACCORDING TO SIVANANDA
- BENEFITS OF PRANAYAMA PRACTICE
- UNDERSTANDING THE NATURE OF THE VEILS THROUGH THE 3 GUNAS
- SYNTHESIS OF YOGA : THE 4 PATHS
- BENEFITS OF SARVASANA
- UNITY IN DIVERSITY ; THE DROP AND THE OCEAN
- PURIFICATION : A NECESSITY
- 3 BODIES - THE VEILS OVER CONSCIOUSNESS
- THE TRUTH THAT IS FALSE :SNAKE AND ROPE ANALOGY
- ASSERTING SELF AS SAT CIT ANANDA
- REMEMBERING THE ATMAN ATTRIBUTES
- USING VEDANTIC ANALOGIES FOR COUNSELLING
- ASANAS WITH FOCUS ON CONCENTRATION
- KARMA AND KARMIC PATTERNS
- ASANAS WITH FOCUS ON MDITATITON
- DETACHMENT FROM AHAMKARA: THE EGO SELF
- KARMA YOGA A NECESSITY
- MANTRA-VEDANTIC MANTRAS
- THEORY ON BHAKTI YOGA /ISHTA / BHAVA
- WHAT IS A MANTRA?
- MEANING OF DIFFERENT MANTRAS, HOW TO CHOOSE
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) DAILY CHANTS
- STORIES OF GANESHA
- MANTRA (KIRTAN) DAILY CHANTS / ARATI FIRE BLESSINGS
- bhakti , mythologies, stories: NECESSITY OF SYMBOLS/ PRATIMA/ MURTIS
- BLESSINGS OF THE HOLY RIVERS. THE ELEMENTS SYMBOLIZED IN WORSHIP
- YANTRA WORKSHOP
- BASIC OF PRONUNCIATION OF SANSKRIT MANTRAS
- SHANTI PUJA
- KRISHNA PUJA
- WHAT IS VEDIC COUNSELLING AND HOW JYOTISH EMPOWERS
- YOGA/VEDANTA AND JYOTISHA: SEEING WHAT YOU ARE NOT - HOW JYOTISH INDUCES DETACHMENT
- ASCERTAIN THE PURPOSE OF BIRTH THROUGH THE ASCENDANTS - LAGNA LORDS - ATMAKARAKAS ( WORKING WITH THE PURUSHARTHAS)
- SUBJECTIVE SEEING, EMOTIONNAL HAPPINNESS , DEVOTION AND THE MOON. PHASES OF THE MOON AND IMPACT ON DAILY CALMNESS AND HAPPINNESS
- ISOLATION AND THE MOON: CONDITION OF SEPARATION
- Importance of directions in building (Vastu Purusha Mandala Orientation)
- Inducing Fertiility into Soil (Bhugarbha Vinyasa)
- Building with sacred dimensions (Ayadi Shadvarga or the six Building Formulae)
- How to bring sacred energy into your home or building (Brahmasthana and its Importance)
- What to build and where to build it (Four zones in a sital area - habitable and non habitable)
- Identifying compatible zones for swimming pools, ponds, underground water tanks, water fountains, aquariums, etc.
- Homes or Manushyalaya
- Forming sub-divisions or layouts
- General Guidelines and probable remedies including yantras for imbalances
- Psychological Nature according to the 3 Gunas, Mental Constitution Chart,
- The 3 Doshas - our prime biological energetics, Ayurvedic Constitution Chart
- Ayurvedic Psychology - psychological profiles of the doshas
- gunas and doshas - harmonious, disturbed and darkened
- Ayurvedic examination of the mind
- Ayurveda Treatment of the mInd
06:00 - 07:30 am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
08:00 - 10:00 am Workshop
10:00 - 11:00 am Brunch
11:00 - 12:00 am Workshop / Free Time
12:00 - 03:00 pm Workhsop
03:00 - 04:00 pm Workshop / Free Time
04:00 - 06:00 pm Open Yoga Class / Special Yoga Class
06:00 - 07:00 pm Dinner
07:00 - 08:00 pm Free Time
08:00 - 10:00 pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: This module will begin at 6am on July 9th. Please try to arrive by July 8th.
Departure: This module will conclude at 9:30pm on July 18th. Please try to stay until the end of the module leaving that night or the next morning.
Swami Sitaramananda is a senior disciple of Swami Vishnudevananda, who is a direct disciple of Swami Sivananda. She was nominated acharya by him in 1989 and is presently acharya of US West coast Centers and Ashrams as well as Asia, especially Vietnam and China. She has been director of the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm for more than 20 years and has taught many international Teachers Training Courses in California, Vietnam, China, Taiwan and India and is also teaching regularly at Sivananda Ashram Yoga Retreat, Nassau Bahamas. She is the author of Positive Thinking Manual, Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy (translated in Chinese, Japanese and Vietnamese) and Swamiji Said, a collection of teachings by Swami Vishnudevananda in His Own Words as well as two poem books. She is responsible for the Vietnamese translation of The Completed Illustrated Book of Yoga by Swami Vishnudevananda. Some of her audio lectures on Yoga Life, articles and webinar presentations can be found on the website.
Komilla is co-founder and Chair of the British Association for Vedic Astrology. She is an internationally-renowned consultant, teacher and lecturer. Indian born, Komilla Sutton is one of the pioneers in making this subject more accessible for Western readers. She is author of Vedic Love Signs, Vedic Astrology, The Essentials of Vedic Astrology, Lunar Nodes: Crisis and Redemption and Indian Astrology.
Durga Leela is founder of Yoga of Recovery, a comprehensive program integrating Ayurveda and Yoga with recovery tools for a holistic mind, body and spirit approach for those affected by addiction and self-destructive behaviors. Yoga of Recovery is currently offered as workshops, retreats and certificate courses. Durga holds the RYT-500 qualification, having completed both the Sivananda Yoga Teachers Training Course and an Advanced Yoga Teachers Training. She is also extensively trained in Meditation and Vedanta. She is a Clinical Ayurvedic and Pancha Karma Specialist, trained at the California College of Ayurveda and also in Kerala, India. She is Director of the Ayurveda Programs at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm and a professional member of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA). She is also a member of Yoga Alliance and International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT).
Bangalore Niranjan Babu is a scholar in Vastu, Astrology, Mudras, Mantra Shastra, Gemstone and Meditation. He is the son of the most famous Vedic astrologer of all times B.V. Raman, who has been chosen as the Jyotishi to explain the science of Vedic astrology to the United Nations. He inherited from his Father the traditions of Jyotish and Vastu and is presently the publisher of Vedic astrology Magazine started by his Father since 1895. He has authored several bestseller books in English and regional languages of India. He has lectured, conducted seminars and given professional consultations to individuals, corporate layouts, temples, etc in India, North America, Europe and other parts of the world that include Russia, France and Belgium. Niranjan Babu has the intuition of an expert and will teach you not only the sciences of Vastu but the insights that will make this vedic science accessible to all, not only for life enhancement but also for Self Realization.
After 18 years of teaching and service at the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center in Los Angeles, Swami Sivasankariananda joined staff at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in May 2014. She has served as director of the San Francisco Center since February of 2015. She completed her TTC at the Yoga Farm in 1997 and ATTC there in 2008. She has been on yatra in north and south India and Mount Kailas. She loves to teach and is particularly fond of the Bhakti Yoga practices. She took sannyas in 2017 and is a certified yoga therapist.