Onsite Beginners Yoga Course, Level 1
November 29 - December 4, 2022
This week is ideal for beginners, or those new to Sivananda Yoga. This course gives you the full yogic experience, progressively introducing yoga asanas, breathing exercises, meditation, mantra chanting and yoga philosophy and it will cover the 5 points of Yoga. You will be immersed in the daily routine of yoga and will experience wholesome vegetarian meals. You will leave rested and refreshed with the basic knowledge of how to continue to practice at home.
– Step by step guide to the basic 12 postures, explanation of benefits of the postures
– What is classical yoga? Intro to the tradition of lineage of the yoga masters
– What is the purpose and what are the methods of classical yoga?
– Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
– Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
– Yogic techniques of breathing
– Vegetarianism-the how and why
– Relaxation and stress management
– Positive thinking
– Basic technique of meditationThe yogic daily routine
6-8am Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting and lecture
8-10am Beginners Yoga Class
11am Karma Yoga
1-3pm Beginners Workshop
3-4pm Free Time and Nature walks
4-6pm Open Yoga Class
7-8pm Free Time
8-10pm Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
Arrival: Check-in time is 2:00pm. We encourage you to arrive by 4:00pm for the Asana class. Dinner is at 6:00pm and there will be a Welcoming Orientation at 7:00pm followed by Satsang at 8:00pm.
Departure: Check-out time is 12:00pm. You are welcome to stay in the ashram for the rest of the afternoon even after checking out of your room.
“Essentials of Yoga Practice & Philosophy” by Swami Sitaramananda
WHAT TO BRING
slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, sitting cushion, water bottle, and, flashlight. All books and materials are available to order from our online boutique. (we will not have yoga mat and cushions available so please bring your own)
Please review our Covid-19 Policies before registering.
Registration is required at least 3 day before the start of the program. We will arrange an online video call with all guests once you register to review our covid policy.