Meditation for Well-beingMindfullness, Awareness, and Pure Consciousness
The Meditation for Well-being courses introduce the basic guidelines and conditions for classical yoga meditation. There will be discussions on Why meditate? and the necessity to go to the transcendental level of existence to find true peace and happiness.
Participants will study the mechanics of the mind and how to calm the mind and turn inward for Self-awareness. Learning to withdraw the senses and to take distance from the sensual world of objects which create desires, discontentment and restlessness in an endless pursuit of external happiness.
Learn more about What is Yoga Meditation in this blog article.
List of Topics
- The twelve basic steady postures and meditative postures
- Flexibility of spine
- Increased flow of prana through asana practice
- Balancing breath to calm the mind and emotions
- Increase prana to control the mind
- Channel prana inward and upward
- Yamas: Ahimsa, Satya, Brahmacharya, Asteya, Aparigraha
- Niyamas: Saucha, Santosha, Tapas, Swadhyaya, Iswara-pranidhana
- How to reduce vrittis, Concentration
- Mechanics of the Mind
- How to see the truth beyond our mental projections
- Discussion on subconscious samskaras, karma and thought patterns
Learn more about these topics in Our Teachings section.