Yoga Holistic Health Retreat – Yoga for Chronic Pain
November 10 - 15, 2019
Pain seems to be conscious and cognitive. Persisting pain is related to changes in the physical body and neuroplastic changes in the nervous system. The “danger button” is constantly activated. Pain changes us in many ways. There are equally many ways to change it back. Develop skills to keep your body, breath and mind calm. Put some evidence-based pain self-care processes in your pain care toolkit. There is hope for finding more peace and ease.
- Acute and chronic pain conditions and management.
- Breath Awareness and Breath Regulation – Pain is changeable;
- Reset the protective systems
- Mind body awareness – Become a pro at feeling non-pain sensation
- Body Tension Regulation and Release – Stay at the edge of pain
- Awareness of Thoughts and Emotions – Interconnection
- Anti inflammatory vegetarian diet
06:00 – 07:30 am Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
08:00 – 10:00 am Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
10:00 – 10:45 am Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 – 12:00 pm Karma Yoga
01:00 – 03:00 pm Yoga Health Workshop
04:00 – 06:00 pm Special Yoga therapeutic class – adapted to condition
06:00 – 06:45 pm Vegetarian Dinner
08:00 – 09:30 pm Satsang: silent meditation, chanting and lecture
There are no prerequisites other than a sincere desire to learn classical yoga.
A graduate of both the Sivananda Teacher Training and Advanced Teacher Training courses, Priya is currently enrolled in the 2-year Sivananda Health Educator Training program. Her continuing study of yoga is inspired by the dedication of her teachers and innate wisdom of her students.
Learn more about Priya