Relax, Recharge, and De-stress
Rejuvenate with a Yoga Vacation
Our yoga vacation program is designed by Swami Vishnudevananda in the 1960s following the footsteps of Swami Sivananda. It is available year-round and will recharge your energy, rejuvenate your body and mind. In addition it will give you a feeling of being strong, calm and ready for daily challenges. Finally, a stay at the Ashram will help you to:
- Reconnect with beautiful Nature
- At the same time, progress with daily yoga practice
- Connect with your own Self in meditation practice
- Be part of a community from all over the world
- Renew and Refresh your life
A Balanced Yoga Life
Daily program uniquely includes:
- Classical yoga practice – twice a day
- Delicious vegetarian meals – twice a day
- Guided meditation and kirtan sessions (Satsang) – twice a day
- Community selfless service to feel part of the ashram energy (Karma Yoga) – one hour a day
- In addition, plenty of free time to relax, read, self study, contemplate and make new friends
Also, you are invited to:
- Take a swim in our natural Vrindavan Pond or walk our Peace Miracle Labyrinth.
- Read from our collection of yoga books in our library.
- Last but not the least, you can visit our boutique and store which sells yoga books, CDs, snacks, yoga clothing, and yoga accessories.
Simple Living and High Thinking
This wonderfully balanced program integrates the 5 Points of Yoga of Swami Vishnudevananda in daily life. Furthermore, this daily program is in tune with the rhythms of Nature and of our body. Thus by adhering to the daily schedule we bring back our natural resource of energy, joy, and health. In addition, you can drop in or visit any length of time and experience the complete benefits of yoga life. Also, this renewed feeling about yourself and your newly learned yoga and meditation skills will improve you physical and mental health for a long time to come.
To further give you a unique experience, we offer many yoga courses and events all year long that you can choose from in addition to the yoga vacation program. It is remarkable to note that these programs also include special courses, festivals, concerts and symposiums, available for an extra tuition cost. You can check our calendar to see the monthly events.
Have a Taste of Community Life (Karma Yoga)
“Yoga is skill in the performance of actions. Yoga brings a message of hope, of joy to the depressed and strength to the weak. It is a perfect practical system of self culture.”
– Swami Sivananda
For 45 years, the Yoga Farm has been an inspiring community of volunteers. These young and old karma yogis have come from all steps of life. They have different skills to offer and worked together with love and dedication to build up a rich, heartfelt environment.
In order to feel a part of this flow of energy, we offer to the guests the opportunity to assist the volunteer staff in some daily tasks 1 hour a day. For this the guests can help in the garden, in the kitchen, in the beautification of buildings and the general upkeep.
To sum up, Karma Yoga (selfless service) is an integral part of the richness of your yoga vacation. On top of that you will enjoy meaningful new connections and continue satsang at home for a long time.
What’s more, Karma yoga opens the heart and removes the feeling of isolation that comes from the ego. It is a practical path of yoga to find union.
Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu
May the whole world attain peace and harmony
We Support your Journey
The Yoga Farm team welcomes you whether you are new to yoga or new to the Sivananda tradition. Furthermore our staff are graduates of the Sivananda Yoga Teacher Training Course. Besides teaching yoga they are practicing karma yogis, selfless volunteers.