Beginners Yoga Courses
Learn the 5 Points of Yoga for Perfect Health
Discover a New Self
Our Beginners Yoga Courses are ideal for newcomers to Yoga or more seasoned practitioners who want to learn more about Sivananda Yoga. This course gives you the full yoga immersion, progressively introducing:
Asanas help to move the energy of the body so that you feel light and happy.
Breath is life. When our breath is deep, slow, and rhythmic we feel balanced and peaceful.
The body’s natural way to recharge is by letting go and allowing nature to heal us.
Eating a balanced, nutritious diet high in vitamins, minerals and fibers gives us prana to thinking and act.
The mind is turbulent. By quieting the mind and watching the thoughts we become aware and find the keys to happiness.
You will be immersed in the daily routine of yoga and will experience wholesome vegetarian meals, leaving rested, refreshed and recharged.
Yoga at Home
You will gain basic knowledge of how to continue to practice yoga at home. You will begin to develop a lifestyle conducive to physical, mental, and spiritual health and well-being.
An ounce of practice is worth tons of theory.
– Swami Vishnudevananda
List of Topics
Hatha Yoga – Asanas and Pranayama
- Guide to the basic 12 postures
- explanation of benefits of the postures
- Difference between yoga asana and physical exercises
- Yogic techniques of breathing
Classical Yoga Meaning
- What is classical yoga?
- Intro to the tradition and lineage of the yoga masters
- What is the purpose of yoga
- what are the methods of classical yoga?
- Basic philosophy about happiness, health, life, freedom
06:00 – 07:30 am – Satsang: Silent meditation, chanting
08:00 – 10:00 am – Beginners Yoga Class: Asanas and Pranayama
10:00 – 10:45 am – Vegetarian Brunch
11:00 – 12:00 pm – Karma Yoga (selfless service)
01:00 – 02:30 pm – Beginners Workshop
03:00 – 04:00 pm – Free Time and Nature
04:00 – 06:00 pm – All Levels Open Yoga Class: Asanas and Pranayama
06:00 – 06:45 pm – Vegetarian Dinner
08:00 – 09:30 pm – Satsang: meditation, chanting
- Informational page on our Beginners Yoga Courses
- Read more about the 5 points of yoga from our teachings section.
- Listen to a podcast of our 90-minute Sivananda Yoga All Levels Asana and Pranayama Class
- Blog category on 4 paths of yoga with many blog posts
- Blog post on the science of relaxation
Check out our Blog
LEARN, INSPIRE, TRANSFORM
Our Sivananda Yoga Farm Blog has numerous articles, videos, and talks given by our senior teachers over the years.