Yoga Teachers Training Course
with Swami Sitaramananda, Swami Jnaneswariananda, Swami Dharmananda, Swami Adi Parashaktiananda and Swami Vashistananda
October 24 - November 21, 2021
This 4 week course, which offers a profound personal experience, will allow you to transmit the knowledge of yoga to others. The spiritual essence of yoga is learned through a combination of repeated practice and inspirational lessons. Among the many benefits that students report are greater spiritual awareness, a sense of connection with the divine, a new-found sense of self-discipline, enhanced self-esteem, improved power of concentration and increased strength and flexibility.
A teaching certificate from the International SYVC is awarded upon successful completion of this immersion course. The International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center (SYVC) has trained over 45,000 yoga teachers to date since 1969. The curriculum includes asanas, pranayama, meditation, Vedanta philosophy, anatomy/physiology, Bhagavad Gita, mantra and kriyas. Please inquire for a brochure and application form.
5:30 am……………………..Wake Up
6:00 – 7:30 am……………Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
8:00 – 10:00 am………….Yoga Asana and Pranayama Class
10:00 – 10:45 am………..Vegetarian Brunch
10:45 – 11:45 am………..Karma Yoga (Selfless Service)
12:00 – 1:00 pm………….Kirtan or Bhagavad Gita Class
2:00 – 4:00 pm…………….Main Philosphy Lecture
4:00 – 6:00 pm…………….How to Teach Yoga Class
6:00 – 6:45 pm…………….Vegetarian Dinner
6:45 – 7:45 pm…………….Free time for Homework completion
8:00 – 9:45 pm…………….Satsang: meditation, chanting and lecture
1 day a week will be free, but satsang still must be attended.
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive the Certificate of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers, entitled Yoga Siromani.
This training is registered by and fulfills the requirements for the 200-hour certification, for which graduates of the program are invited to register.
– Hatha Yoga Theory, The Astral Body
– The nadis (energy channels) and chakras (energy centers).
– Yoga Asanas, The Sun Salutation and the 12 basic yoga postures.
– Advanced Variations
– Effects of asanas on the physical and astral body
– Deep relaxation, Release of blocked energy
– Pranayama Kapalabhati, Anuloma Viloma (alternate nostril breath)
– Meditation, Twelve Guidelines for Meditation
– Mantras and mantra initiation (if requested)
– Techniques of meditation
– Mechanics of the mind
– Positive thinking techniques
– Psychology of the Spiritual Aspirant
– Law of karma, Vedanta philosophy
– 4 classical Yoga paths : Karma Yoga, Bhakti Yoga, Raja Yoga
– 8 limbs of Yoga and Jnana Yoga (vedanta philosophy and techniques of self enquiry) .
Anatomy and Physiology
– The effects of hatha yoga on major body systems
– Yogic Diet and Nutrition
– Ethical, health and spiritual reasons for vegetarianism
Bhagavad Gita Study
– commentary of the Bhagavad Gita, which is the most read classical scripture. It gives universal teachings on how to do your duty and conduct yourself in the battlefield of life.
– Positive emotional effects of chanting
– Correct pronunciation and mental attitude
– Mantra and sound healing
– Practice of opening of the heart to the divine
- Tent – Bring Your Own – $2,400.00
- Tent – Ashram Provided – $2,850.00
- Om Cabin – Dormitory (3-4 beds) – $2,850.00
- Om Cabin – Double (Dorm) – $3,300.00
- Siva Cabin – Double (shared) – $3,800.00
- Siva Cabin – Private – $4,400.00
- Deluxe Shanti Cabin – Triple (shared) – $3,600.00
- Deluxe Shanti Cabin – Private – $5,400.00
(All prices include $2,400.00 base amount)
Arrival and Departure
Arrival: The course will begin in the Afternoon of Saturday with registration at 11:00 am. Please plan to arrive by Friday.
Departure: The Graduation Ceremony will be in the evening on Saturday. You can plan departure the following day.
The Sivananda TTC has been a wonderful experience – I learned a lot about yoga and particularly appreciate the holistic approach to living well and finding inner peace. The teachings of the Guru’s are inspiring and profound. The support system provided by the wonderful staff members and teachers created a very conducive and encouraging environment for such an intense program.
– Vivian Lee, Singapore
Before I came to TTC I had a vague idea of the spiritual goal of life and my idea about how to attain this goal was completely wrong. I got lost in the details of daily mundane life goals and thought that happiness would come eventually and I progressed with their achievement. I have never had such clarity about my life’s purpose and thanks to the teachings that I received I leave with not only a lot of powerful tools to help me along the way but also a warning of all the obstacles that I will face along the way and how to address them!
– Rosa Michaelis, Herdecke, Germany
The Sivananda teacher training course is truly a transformative experience. It is an immersion in the traditions of an ancient lineage of yogic wisdom. If you are only looking to earn a certificate to teach asana classes you will get a lot more than you expect. If you have a longing for the truth and would like to further the path to peace; this is it.
– William Kingori, Chico, CA
What to Bring
Required texts: “Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga”
by Swami Vishnudevananda
“Bhagavad Gita” commentary by Swami Sivananda
Recommnded texts: “Essentials of Yoga Practice and Philosophy”
by Swami Sitaramananda
“Yoga: Your Home Companion” by SYVC
Other: slip on shoes, loose comfortable clothing, writing materials, meditation shawl or blanket, yoga mat, flashlight.
All books and materials are available in our boutique.
Swami Sitaramananda is a senior acharya of the International Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers and is director of the Sivananda Yoga Farm, California and the Sivananda Yoga Resort and Training Center, Vietnam. She is acharya of China, Taiwan, and Japan as well. Swamiji is the organizer and teacher of…
Learn more about Swami Sitaramananda
Swami Jnaneswariananda joined the Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers in 1995 and has been director of centers and ashrams in Canada and Italy. She teaches Hatha Yoga, Meditation, Anatomy, and Vedanta at Teacher Training Courses in North America, Italy and India. Swami Jnaneswariananda took vows of Sannyas in 2001.…
Learn more about Swami Jnaneswariananda
Swami Dharmananda is assistant director of the Yoga Farm and is in charge of the Karma Yoga program. He is a faculty of the Sivananda Institute of Health (SIHY) and is one of the main teachers of Yoga Philosophy and Meditation at the Ashram. He took sannyas vows…
Learn more about Swami Dharmananda
Swami Adi Parashaktiananda is a dedicated Sadhak and Hatha Yoga practitioner and teacher, graduated from Sivananda Teachers Training Course in 2007 at the Sivananda Ashram Yoga Farm in Grass Valley, CA. He took the first monastic vow from Sivananda lineage in 2011 and has been traveling yearly to…
Learn more about Swami Adi Parashaktiananda
Swami Vashistananda comes from the Namboodri lineage in Southern India, Kerala and has been a long-time teacher of bhakti and vedanta in the Sivananda organization ever since. He has been at the Yoga farm since October 2014 and does ceremonies at all the ashram temples and shrines. Swamiji…
Learn more about Swami Vashistananda