Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Course
July 11 - 15, 2024
This course is specifically catered to yoga teachers in the Family Yoga Camp. Trainees learn about the mission, structure and running of the Family camp and their roles and duties for it to flow smoothly. Most importantly, it is the time for trainees to re-tune to the Guru’s teachings and the ashram schedule, building up prana and love through daily sadhana in order to be used as instruments for the guidance of the children. Therefore, all satsangs and one asana class are required daily. The conclusion of the training flows right into the Family Yoga Camp, where trainees will have a full immersion experience to put in practice their newly learned skills and wisdom.
Training includes workshops on:
– understanding the psychology and demographics of the children we will be working with
– teaching children’s yoga asana/pranayama
– leading guided meditation for children
– teaching yoga philosophy to children
– classroom discipline and management
– coordinating popular group games
– team building exercises
– personal sadhana and counselor self-care tips
– interpersonal compassionate communication
– preparation of the ashram to be kid-friendly and safe
– preparation of supplies and props needed for workshops.
All applicants must be Sivananda TTC graduates with a humility and openness to learn and grow. Previous experience with children is highly recommended but not required. To apply, please fill out the initial online registration. (This does not guarantee your acceptance yet.) Following is a phone/video chat interview process with the camp coordinator and a background check.
Saraswati, hailing from Vietnam, graduated from the International Sivananda Yoga teacher training course in 2010. She is a graduate of the, “Yoga Psychology”, “Ayurveda and Yoga Wellness” course and “Ayuvedic massage therapist” training. She was staff at Sivananda Yoga Vedanta center in Ho Chi Minh from 2010 –…
Learn more about Saraswati