Ananda Mayi’s Teriyaki Tofu Cakes (Serves 4)
- 1lbs. block extra-firm Tofu, coarsely crumbled
- 1 cup of cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup cooked Oats
- 1/2 cup Carrot, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp ground Flax and/or Chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place all ingredients in a large bowl and thoroughly combine and mix together.
Shape a 1/4 cup of mixture into a ball and then slightly press into a flat patty about 1 inch thick. Place on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 10-15 min. Serve with teriyaki sauce.
- 4 Tbsp Soy Sauce, such as Tamari, or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Sucanat (raw sugar)
- 1 Tbsp Arrowroot or Cornstarch dissolved in 3 Tbsp of cold water
Place soy sauce and sucanat in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves, then add starch mixture and stir over heat until slightly thickened.