This healthy, sugar free, savory vegan tofu recipe is an Asian inspired delight! It makes a delectable treat for any occasion. Additionally, it’s an important protein addition for vegetarian and vegan diets.
Adding black sesame seeds, cilantro, and orange peel gives the dish an attractive flair, too. Pair this dish with with rice and steamed or sauteed vegetables for a well-balanced, delicious and nutritious meal.
- 1 pack of Soft Tofu
- 1.5 cups of toasted Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp of Chopped Ginger
- 1/2 tbsp of sesame or sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of Chic pea miso
- 2 tsp of Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of water (add more if necessary)
- Cilantro, orange peel, black sesame seeds (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drain the tofu and cut into
- Marinate tofu with the sesame oil (or sunflower oil
) ,chopped ginger and soy sauce. Let sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the marinated tofu into pan and bake 10 mins in the oven.
- In order to make the sesame sauce, mix
toastedsesame seeds, chic pea miso, soy sauce, ginger andwater. Blend in a vitamix, blender of food processor until it makes a thickpaste.
- Take tofu out from oven add sauce on the top bake 15 more mins again.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds, cilantro and/or orange peel. Serve hot and enjoy!